Thursday, November 20, 2008

Total Audio Freak Out!

It's a well known fact that I may love my iPhone more than a mother loves her first born child. It's also a well known fact that I'm a broke cheap student. However, on the recommendation of my buddy Dave Senior, I purchased my first iPhone app. Everything up till now has been free programs.


I bought a program called RJDJ which stands for Reality Jockey DJ. It's a super cool program that remixes real life to totally trip you out.

The program uses the phones microphone from the earphones (that means it only works for the iPhone, and not the touch) and grabs pieces of sound and plays them back in different manners depending on which track you're using. I know that was a bad explanation, but you really need to try it to see how cool it really is. For instance, one of the tracks takes everything it hears and makes it echo back and forth between your ears at different pitches each time. Another track adds ambient noises to the noise it's already picking up.

I'll let the guy who designed it give you a better explanation:




I highly recommend everyone gets this program, then goes walking through a supermarket, or sit on a busy subway, or walk around the business district around lunch, or start walking around talking to yourself. It's highly worth the $2.99 I paid for the RJDJ Album with all the tracks, but it also comes in a RJDJ Single with only one track.


blog comments powered by Disqus