Sunday, October 12, 2008

Anticipation for no real reason

I'll be the first person to admit how big of a geek I am. Especially when it comes to Apple products. On this coming Tuesday (Oct. 14th), Apple is having one of their famous "events" where they release and show off new products. This one looks to be focused on their laptops.


If you remember last month, Apple had an event that had a music theme. They showed off iTunes 8, the new nano's, new ipod touch's, and my personal favorite, they released the iPhone OS 2.1. I didn't care too much about the new ipods because I have an 80gig classic already that works fine and I still have a bit of room on it to fill with more music. I was however excited about iTunes 8, for the genius feature (which doesn't work as well as I hoped it would, but is still cool) and even more for iPhone 2.1 because it really did fix a lot of bugs on my precious. In case you missed it, here's a brief rundown of that event:



I was looking forward to hearing most of that information for so long, that I was actually in class during the event, but was reading live blog updates as it happened. Yes, I'm that geeky that I wanted the info as it happened.

Looks like I'm going to be doing this live blog reading again this coming Tuesday. I get really excited about new releases like this. From the rumors I've been hearing floating around the internet this is what we can expect Mr. Jobs to be announcing:
- new aluminum shells for notebooks
- smaller design (thickness, not screen size)
- and possibly the release of a mac notebook for under $1,000, which is pretty good considering I paid over $2,000 for my macbook pro
- one more rumor is that there's talk of a mac touch tablet (but I highly doubt that one for now)

The worst part about all this is that it has my geeky spidey-sense tingling,  but I'm not going to be able to do anything about it because I just bought myself a macbook pro in April. That means my computer is only 5 months old, and it's already going to be out of date! DAMN YOU FAST MOVING TECHNOLOGY!!!!!! I know I'm going to be craving the new notebooks no matter what's new about them, but there's no way I'm going to be able to afford one. Ah well, it'll still be fun, and hopefully I don't get busted for watching the updates in class (I was almost caught last time).

I'm sure I'll have a post Tuesday night telling you about all the new things I'm jealous of, but till then, here's my ending song. I figure Digital Love by Daft Punk would be appropriate for this post:


blog comments powered by Disqus