Monday, March 15, 2010

Apartment Shopping is Hard

Like I said in my last post, I need to move at the end of this month... and I still have no idea where I'm going to live. That means in two weeks I could be homeless.

Hopefully, that's not going to happen. I have a good feeling it won't.

The worst part about the whole thing is, I don't want to move! I love the apartment that I live in now. I've lived here for over 3 years (minus the time I was in Oz). It's the perfect location. It's a great size. It fits all my stuff perfectly. Best of all the price is amazing.

Prices for places have gone up since I found this place. Everywhere I'm looking that's semi-decent is at least $1200 for a one bedroom or $2000 for a two. It's a bit more than I'd like to be paying, but for a good place I think it's just what I'm going to have to do.

Another thing is that my current place has character. It's got an exposed brick wall and a great rooftop patio. A lot of the places I've seen are condos. THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME!! It's actually a little creepy.

Really, I think I'm just a bit weirded out by the idea of living in a condo. I've never lived in a building with more than six units in it, and even those ones were weird. I don't know why I think it's so weird, I just kind of do.

I am trying to warm up to the idea of one though. There could be a few good trade offs with living in one. The best one for me is a gym in the building. My current gym is very close to my apartment and I'll probably have to quit it at the end of the month. The idea of trading off a little bit more money in lieu of a gym membership is kind of good. Plus the gym would be right underneath me, which will make timing not always such an issue.

Anyways, I have no idea what's going to happen, but I had to write some of this down to get out of my head. I'm kind of going nuts and starting to freak out about it. I really don't want to be homeless. I have too much stuff to be homeless with.

I'll let you know what happens.

blog comments powered by Disqus