Thursday, May 14, 2009

Trying Something New & Interesting


Weird looking picture above, right??

If you follow me on Twitter than you would have seen that this picture is also my avatar there.

I changed it to try out something. The picture above is actually called a QR Code, and basically it's a super fancy barcode. You need to get a special application to be able to read the code, and then something will happen. I use an app for my iPhone called 2D Sense to read the codes.

My code will automatically take you too my other blog once the program has decoded the code, but companies are starting to use these codes to get content to their customers such as websites, coupons, plain text, whatever.

I just thought it would be something fun to try, so go download a QR Code reader and try it out for yourself.

A special shout-out to @doctorjones for giving me the idea.




40deuce

blog comments powered by Disqus