Monday, January 12, 2009

New Year, New Goals

Happy New Years Everyone!


Now I know that it's a little bit late to be making new years resolutions, seeing as most people did it 12 days ago. In my defense, I worked 'till 4:30 am New Years Eve,and then I went on a little vacation to visit some friends and attend a wedding in Los Angeles. 

The extra time did however give me time to think, and I came up with a list of goals, or new years resolutions, for my 2009.

So, without further adieu, here they are:

1. QUIT SMOKING - I've been smoking for about 12 years. That's a long time considering the fact that I'm still relatively young. I did quit for one year a few years ago, but the one cigarette slip I made sent me into a downward spiral that eventually took me back to being a regular smoker. I know that smoking is bad for me, but I just love smoking. I know it sounds dumb, but the smokers understand what I mean. Anyways, as much as I love smoking, I do want to quit because I know it's the smart thing to do. In the summer, my dad bought me a book called "Allen Carr's Easy Way to Quit Smoking" that I started a few months ago, but stopped reading. I'm going to pick it back up again. Very soon. I swear. 

2. UP MY PROFESSIONAL GAME - Yes, I'm currently a student. Yes, I might be extending that stint for almost another year if I go to get my MA in Australia. But, none of those are reasons as to why I can't start being a professional at the same time. I try to go to networking events to meet people in my future industry, I add all sorts of people on Twitter, but aside from initial contact with some of these people, nothing else happens. I need to be more professional and meet more people and keep in contact with them for all sorts of reasons. I got some business cards made near the end of last year, and I plan on running out of them soon.

3. BECOME MORE HEALTHY AND FIT - I know lots of people say this, and then they say that plus, "but I mean it." I joined a gym around the corner from my place in August and on average I go at least 3 or 4 times a week. I want to do a harder routine there and get more fit. On top of that I'd just like to try to not eat things that are terrible for me. Of course I'm gonna splurge every once and a while, but that's ok, as long as I make a conscious decision most of the time. Also, I'm thinking about maybe yoga.

4. READ MORE - This means everything. Fiction. Non-fiction. Blogs. Magazines. Newspapers. Comics. Everything.

5. BLOG MORE AND BETTER - When I started this blog a few months ago I said I was going to keep it updated as much as I could. And I did. For a little while. Then I got side-tracked. No more though! I will keep this blog and/or any other one I do updated. As well, I'm going to try and better and more concise, both for my readers and for PR practice writing. 

Feel free to leave a comment if you have any advice or tips or comments for me.

All this starts after now, or after this appropriate video:




40deuce

blog comments powered by Disqus