Saturday, October 30, 2010

Gorillaz & N.E.R.D.

Two weeks ago I went to see the Gorillaz and N.E.R.D. at the ACC here in Toronto, but it was just yesterday that I finally remembered to take my pics and videos off my phone, so I thought I'd put some up here to share.


N.E.R.D. is one of my favourite bands. They make awesome music, but despite being known previously as the producers The Neptunes, they haven't gained much headway in the mainstream. But take my word for it, they're awesome. This was my 4th or 5th time seeing them, but I will see them again any chance I get.






I was also pretty excited about seeing The Gorillaz. I had always wondered what a Gorillaz live show would be like because technically, their cartoons. I had heard on their last tour that they had a giant screen covering the stage and the cartoon characters walked around and played (kind of). This tour was different though. This tour they showed the cartoon characters up on the screen, but they had a real giant band playing for the crowd, and more importantly, Damon Albam and guests.



The show was better than I even thought it was gonna be. They had Snoop make an appearance via video on the big screen (because he's on the new album). There was a 6 piece string band and 8 piece brass band on top of the regular band. They also had De La Soul and a bunch of other guests there to help perform.

I don't want to talk to much about it other than say the show was amazing. Check out some more pics and another a video I took.

















ps- How much more awesome do my pics look now that I've upgraded to an iPhone 4 from my 3G? This will be much better for blogging. Also, thanks to my new phone make sure you watch the videos in the post in 720p HD.

blog comments powered by Disqus